Open Referral Azure
This is a project for developing Human Services Data Specification (HSDS) implementations that run on the Azure platform--this project is entirely managed via its Github repository. This is designed to be a team effort, so if you see a project you'd like to know more about, and maybe one you'd like to tackle, submit an issue!
These are the Azure solutions that are currently being used or considered as part of delivering projects:
- Azure SQL Database - For managing the database behind any HSDS implementation.
- Azure Virtual Machines - Consider for use when deploying HSDS implementations.
- Azure File Storage - Consider usage for storing any heavy objects, including images, videos, and other files.
- Azure Web Apps - Considering using for deploying any web applications on top of any HSDS API.
- Azure Mobile - Considering using for deploying any mobile applications on top of any HSDS API.
- Azure Search - Considering using for deploying any search tools on top of any HSDS API.
- Azure API Management - Considering using for management of the API layer, when developing an API ecosystem..
- Azure Monitor - Use for monitoring any API implementations, as well as web, mobile, and other applications.
These are tools that are used as across any of the sub-projects included in this project.:
- OpenAPI Specification - An API specification format used to define the request and response model for the API.
- JSON Schema - A vocabulary that allows you to annotate and validate JSON documents.
- HSDS OpenAPI - The OpenAPI definition for the HSDS API, providing a blueprint for the request and response structure.
- HSDS Schema - The schema documentation for HSDS, providing the details of the storage and transmission of data.
These are the individual projects that are being built, or considered being built on Azure:
- HSDS PHP API Prototype - It would be nice to have a server side implementation of the HSDS API in PHP, that would run on Azure.
- Developer Portal - A generic portal that can be stood up in front of any API deployed on the Azure platfrom.
- HSDS Node.js API Prototype - It would be nice to have a server side implementation of the HSDS API in Node.js, that would run on Azure.
- HSDS Ruby API Prototype - It would be nice to have a server side implementation of the HSDS API in Ruby, that would run on Azure.
- HSDS Python API Prototype - It would be nice to have a server side implementation of the HSDS API in Python, that would run on Azure.
These are the communication channels used as part of this project:
- Github Issues - This is the Github issues for this repository, which is used as issue and discussion management for any HSDS Azure project -- each project will have it's own issues, but this is meant to be the discussion at the top level.
- Open Referral Slack - The Slack Channel for the Open Referral organization.
The goal of this project is to develop code and stories around using HSDS on the Azure platform. Right now we are focusing on a simple server-side API implementation, but it would be nice to have some more innovative ways of deploying APIs, and the tools that are built on them.
If you have a suggestion for a project, or want to get involved with any of the existing projects, just ping us on one of the channels above, and we'll see about getting you plugged in.